Fair Housing Hotline Project:
Get advice and assistance with fair housing questions and violations of fair housing laws.
California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH): The DFEH investigates complaints of discrimination in employment, housing and public accommodations. Go to their website for brochures, forms and frequently asked questions.
LawHelp California Housing: Get information on public housing and subsidized housing, housing discrimination and landlord/tenant issues.
The County Homeless Hotline: for emergency shelter services or referrals to other agencies, call 1(800) 808-6444.
For some suggestions about where to get other help, go to the California Court's Self-Help Center or check out one of the sites below:
Resources in California
- All Superior Courts in California by County
- State Bar of California's Find an Attorney Web site
- Free and Low-Cost Legal Help
- Where to write for vital records
Resources Across the USA
- Find government services and information by topic
- Find organizations in other states that provide free legal assistance to eligible clients.
Resources Around the Globe
- Find organizations in other countries that provide free legal assistance to eligible clients.